Create A Location Based Android App With Places Near
Places Near is a location based native Android application allowing users to discover recommended places near their current location. You can create your own location based app with Places Near.
Admin Backend Included
The app comes with a powerful Parse admin panel. You can manage your application data on admin panel such as your categories, places, deals and user reviews.
Places Near works on Android 2.3.3 (API V10) and later versions. It is fully customizable, configurable and localizable.
Admin Panel works on any web server or locally on your computer and does not requires an installation.
How to Setup and Reskin
The customization is based on category color. When you creating a category on admin panel, you need to set a category color. This category color will be used to tinting the Action Bar, buttons, icons, labels, etc. The other properties can be changed in App.java file.
All strings used in the app are ready for localization. Default strings is written in English and all supported languages are added with English strings. You can easily edit the strings.xml file which languages you want to support.
Features and Requirements
Android Application Features
- Categories and places with a modern UI
- Powerful place filters for finding best places
- Kilometers and miles options for coverage and distance
- Users can add places to their favorite lists
- Users can like places
- Users can write reviews/comments to a place
- Users can upload photos to a place
- Users can add places
- Place detail page with description, photos, reviews, deals etc
- Place social page views (Facebook, Twitter) and web page view
- Phone call to place
- Map view and directions with the maps app
- Ready for tracking analytics with Google Analytics
- Ready for localization
Admin Application Features
- Unlimited categories with custom category icon, category map marker, localized category names, category theme color
- Unlimited places with details such as photos, description, address, phone, web page, twitter page, facebook page, working hours, etc
- Easily find locations for your places with place finder module
Android Application Requirements
- Android Studio 1.1.0
- Minimum Android SDK Version 10
- Target SDK Version 21
- Google Maps Api Key
Admin Application Requirements
- Admin application can run on any web server or locally on your computer.
- Parse Account (free)
Admin Panel Demo
You can try admin panel here.